Monday, August 21, 2017

ARE YOU BORN AGAIN?

I still smile. How could I not?

When my heart was broken, I began searching more seriously for God. I found a book, in a grocery store, written by Pat Boone, a handsome young singer of my era.

He shared how he'd accepted Jesus and how Jesus had turned his life around. Well! My life sure needed turned around.

I took a picnic lunch and my Bible, and parked myself by a stream. I prayed the salvation prayer suggested by Pat Boone.

From that time forward, every payday found me at the newly discovered Christian bookstore. The owner was so incredibly helpful--always going to the backroom to retrieve just the right book. I'm convinced he was praying.

One morning, I was spinning a rack of booklets looking for something on prayer.

"Are you born again?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said, "but that's a great way to put it."

And, indeed; it is!

Thank You, Jesus for keeping me these 40+ years,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment