Wednesday, September 27, 2017

HOROSCOPES AND TEA LEAVES

" . . . I will confound their strategy, so that they will resort to idols and ghosts of the dead and to mediums and spiritists."

Isaiah 19:3  New American Standard


As For Me

Why? Why not resort to God?

I've walked the path the Egyptians took, short of consulting the dead. Too scary.

Quija boards, horoscopes, and tea leaves. I resorted to those because I wanted immediate answers. I wanted hope that there was something better ahead. (To be clear, though, they never kept their promises.)

I knew about God, yet didn't understand a one-on-one relationship with Him. Still, I can well imagine that I'd turn to horoscopes and tea leaves first, because I could choose whether to believe or not; choose whether to follow their advice, or not.

Four decades ago, I chose to follow Jesus. No turning back. No turning back.

He keeps His promises and holds my heart until He does.

He could never love me more,
And He will never love me less.

Lonnie





No comments:

Post a Comment