Sunday, July 22, 2018

CONDEMNING OR GIVING LICENSE

"When culture shifts . . . we tend toward extremes, in part because they seem easier . . .

"We may feel so angry, threatened, and frustrated that we want to withdraw from culture, attacking and condemning people who don't agree with us. 

Or

We may become so battle weary that we're tempted to issue a blanket acceptance that avoids any cultural conflicts."

Chris Hodges
The Daniel Dilemma   p. xix
Nelson Books  2017



As For Me

I go to the library and the bookstore.

I read nearly every book I can find. Yes, I definitely lean toward a Christian perspective, but not always . . . I want to know the heart of, say, someone LGBTQ.

Several years ago, I researched a subject--really hoping to be wrong. Hoping Scripture wasn't as confining as others had lead me to believe. But . . . they were right. 

So what do I do? Pray. Love.

While many may not see the transition, I believe that much of the Church sees how harsh they/we have been. We are learning to love--AND enjoying it. We are also learning that holding to Scripture is possible in the midst of loving.

May God Be Glorified.
May the Heart of Jesus Be Seen.

Lonnie

I

No comments:

Post a Comment