Sunday, July 29, 2018

WORDS LIVE ON

"Words people say to us not only have shelf life but have the ability to shape life."


Bob Goff
Love Does  p. 88
Thomas Nelson  2012


Ray and I were just chatting over Michigan Cherry coffee. Num!

I reminded him of something someone said at a prayer meeting we attended-----44 years ago! There are days that prophetic word still encourages me.

A couple comments made to me as a teenager shaped my self-esteem, or lack thereof.

Not long ago, I struggled with my old eyes and their lack of vitality. Since then, I've been told (by people who had no clue of my struggle) that my eyes sparkle, that they reveal Jesus, that they are the most beautiful part of me. Those compliments help me to trust God.

Words have shelf life! 

Choose them wisely,

Lonnie

God's Word has shelf life. Share it.

". . . so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

Isaiah 55:11  NIV


"The grass withers and flowers fall, but the word of God endures forever."

Isaiah 40:8

FOREVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment