Wednesday, February 27, 2019

DEATH OF A CHILD

"I need God. I just need God. It's hard. When this happened (fatal car accident), if Jesus didn't come through for me, trust me when I tell you that I would have stopped preaching, but I have to say to you, it's all true.

I HIT BOTTOM AND GOD WAS THERE."
(emphasis mine)


Greg Laurie
Jesus Revolution  p. 215
Baker Books 2018


" . . . the reality of faith didn't anesthetize the pain."  p. 216


This whole book is good, but the last half, and especially this chapter, is excellent.

I've read what Pastor Greg Laurie went through and  I've wondered . . . how did that happen to such a committed and faithful Christian? 

I grew up in an era where you were told to say, "Praise the Lord" and your circumstances would turn around.
They didn't. 
I was told to plant a seed (of money) even if I was in need. That seed would multiply right into prosperity.
It didn't.

I wavered between accusing God and blaming myself for not being committed and faithful.

I've hit bottom, too.
And
God WAS there.

He's not my genie, but He's absolutely loving, wise, and faithful.
He is worthy of trust and praise.
And someday . . . my tears will be wiped away.

lonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment