Tuesday, February 5, 2019

WHEN I THINK SOMETHING IS IMPOSSIBLE . . .

I have gotten so that I PLOW through books. 
I have to know. 
I have to learn.

But books by Tom Doyle just won't let me do that.

I have to stop and just be in awe of God.
Sometimes I cry. 
Sometimes I worship. 
Sometimes I just sit in silence.

Doyle's books are about Muslims coming to Jesus. 

I just penciled a note in the margin of "Standing In The Fire;"

"My heart is bursting!"

"Why haven't you cornered me and made me confess that I've left Islam?"

(husband and Imam)

"I thought about it, Huda. I really did.
. . .
" But the changes I saw in you were hard to believe. The loving way you treated the children and me was so amazing that, well . . ." Adullah blushed almost imperceptively.
"Honestly, I didn't want it to stop."

P. 59

When I think something is impossible or too hard, even for God,
I remind myself of stories like these.

lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment