Tuesday, October 31, 2017

BEING KNOWN

Can there be any greater gift?

I discovered, through a prayer time with 2 friends, that one of the things I treasure most about GOD is being known. As I often pray for others, He does for me--blessing me in such personal ways that I KNOW it's Him, because no one else knows that depth of my heart.

RAY gives me until 9:00  each morning (non-work days) to have introverted or cleaning time. He also encourages coffee out for Bible study and writing. He listens until you'd think his ears would cry tears. He knows my heart and needs. He's generous in every way.

 RAY wouldn't consider seeing a hawk, eagle, deer, or hedge hog without pointing it out to me -- maybe even driving back to give me a better look.

Our son, MAT cooks asparagus for me, and "designs" a plate of food for special occasions. 

HE invited us to share the north shore with he and his girlfriend. He knows my love of nature, water--especially waves. My heart nearly exploded with excitement to see 6 foot waves, yes--but to enjoy them with family? Can it get better?

JODI made dried beef gravy and brought a favorite candy ( burnt peanuts). 
Really? Even she "knows" me?

MAT AND JODI send postcards from travels far or near.  They know I love Real Mail.

Our daughter, APRIL, is always on the lookout for food I will enjoy. She warms lotion in her hands, then massages it into my feet. She plays games, teaching me "better moves" so that I have a chance to enjoy further games instead of dreading another failure.

APRIL makes me laugh . . . hard.

My brother, TOM, gifts we with Caribou cards, knowing my love of coffee and coffee shops. He does so without expectation of anything in return. He often buys me licorice--and I enjoy every last piece! HE AND TAMMY welcome us to family gatherings . . . So long as I bring scalloped corn.  8-) TAMMY works hard at trying to keep family connected . . . NOT an easy task.

KIMBERLY, hmmmm . . . You too? Homemade caramel rolls WITH NUTS. KIMBERLY doesn't like to bake. Circus peanuts? Oh, and she went store to store squeezing them so she could find stale ones (my preference). Picture it. I'm smiling. And a sheep mug--come on. Seriously? She knows me.

SUSAN--she knows I eat halves. If there's half a doughnut or half of anything, yup. It's me. She knows what makes me smile and what makes me cry; and she lets me do both. She gives me the gifts of prayers and hugs . . . when I need them most. She calls me ornery. That's okay. Most don't see that cherished remnant of my mom.

LISA, no one knows me as deeply besides Ray. She has shared her life with me. She applies God's Word to my challenges. She asks tough questions that I don't invite/allow others to ask. She makes me laugh. She prays with incredible love and discernment. She's beautiful. She moved . . . Too far away. I miss her.

God, thank you for all these people and so many more.

I Am Rich And Blessed!
Lonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment