Tuesday, October 10, 2017

WHAT PRAYER IS NOT

"We will not deliver ourselves of our prayers as boys repeating their lessons, as a mere matter of rote. 

Much less will we speak as if we were rabbis instructing our pupils

 or, as I have heard some do, with the coarseness of a robber stopping a person on the road and demanding his money.

No, we will be humble yet bold petitioners, humbly asking mercy through the Savior's blood."

Charles Spurgeon
Spurgeon On Prayer And Spiritual Warfare  p. 45
Whitaker House

As For Me

I'm guilty and growing.

God has me in a season of prayer and extra time in His Word; 30 days or so.

He has kept me faithful, as it means less reading of other books. Yet, this recently purchased book, in bite-size portions, is helping to restore my confidence in prayer.

To GOD be all glory, honor, and praise!

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment