Tuesday, October 24, 2017

KINDNESS WITH A TOUCH OF SNARKY

To celebrate her 30th birthday, Lisa Barrickman challenged herself to do an act of kindness, every day, for 30 days.

My life covers a few more years/days; likewise, my challenge.

Yesterday was CHALLENGE 62.

I was patient with the new bank teller . . . even when she said she couldn't cash my paycheck. Problem solved, I thanked her and told her to have a nice day.

I was patient when the grocery worker charged me twice for one bag of coffee. I acted more patient than I felt when she told me to walk down a few lanes to tag a coworker on the shoulder and ask him to help her.

He told me I'd need to go to customer service.

"Oh, that's easy!" she said.

Snarky snuck in, though I'm sure she didn't hear me say, "For you, it is."

The service line was shorter than usual. Good thing--I visited it twice. BECAUSE, with refunded money in hand and on my way back to the car, I realized I'd NOT been charged for my flour.

I was TEMPTED to save the money and the hassle. BUT that would be neither kind nor righteous.

God Smiled.

Me too,
Lonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment