Monday, November 20, 2017

I CHOOSE EXPECTANCY

" . . . my weaknesses aren't cause for worry. They are material for miracles."

Journal: January 10, 1992


Are you a quilter? If so, I'm guessing you have a stash (or 3) of different colours, patterns, and textures, along with dreams of projects and people to give them to. If you're like me, you have way more fabric than time. You will never run out of material. 

We could look at that abundance with a sense of dread for projects not yet done. Or . . . with a sense of expectancy.

I choose expectancy,
Lonnie



Everytime, I reread the first part of this, my mind reads, "Are you a quilter or a quitter?"  I enjoy sewing quilt tops, but I sort of freak when I have to combine layers and sew the binding around the whole quilt. I'm afraid of failure, afraid of ugly. I'm in such a place now. God and I have some work to do. I choose expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment