Monday, November 27, 2017

MAKE HIS HEART GLAD . . . TODAY

Mary anointed Jesus feet with expensive perfume. (John 12:3)

"Let us rejoice that she made the Master's heart glad before it was too late.

"One tiny violet of encouragement will mean more to those with whom we live today than will acres of orchids when their pulses are stilled in death.

"There were four women who set out later with their spices, only to find the empty tomb.

"The opportunity for anointing had passed."

L.B. Cowman
Streams In The Desert Morning And Evening  p.806
Zondervan  2016

As For Me

I've heard people say, "Don't wait until I'm dead to give me flowers." 

I heard, understood, and try to live out that encouragement. Yet this story, with Jesus in the middle, so touched my heart!

I want to make His heart glad today . . . and tomorrow . . . and every day until He returns.

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment