Monday, November 19, 2018

CAN FEAR AND FAITH CO-EXIST?

"Fear and faith can share the same heartbeat."

Really?
Do you agree?
Do I?

Paul tells us that 
". . .everything that does not come from faith is sin (Romans 14:23)."


Well, fear doesn't come from faith; but what if we put it this way?

"Though fear and faith can share the same heartbeat, they 
don't share the same perspective.
. . .
"Fear focuses on the shadows. 
Faith focuses on the Shepherd."

Jennifer Rothschild reminds us of the man in Mark 9. Dare I say, 'a man in process? Someone like me?'
"Lord, I believe.
Help my unbelief."

John Piper might add these 2 cents:"The reason faithless acts are sin, is that they don't glorify God as trustworthy." (desiringgod.org)

I do believe;
God, help me trust more and fear less,
lonnie


Psalm 23: The Shepherd With Me  p.120
Lifeway Press   2017

No comments:

Post a Comment