Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WORTH RESTORING

"He retores my soul."
Psalm 23


"No one restores silver or furniture if it has
no value.
No one wastes energy or work 
to restore
something that has no potential."


Jennifer Rothschild
Psalm 23: The Shepherd With Me  p. 82
Lifeway  2018

I hope that brings comfort to your heart like it does mine.
Whatever it takes,
We Are Worth It . . .To Jesus.


I've spent years studying sheep and their relationship to shepherds. From that study I began praying that God would restore my soul and the souls of my family. I often think of deep wounds, or people who have left the faith. Then I include friends and large groups bearing a title of their own.

Rothschild expands her observations:

"When our Shepherd restores our souls,
He is bringing us back from
Ignorance, errors, and wanderings."  P. 81

Who doesn't need restoring? 
And who better to do it than a Shepherd who knows the deepest parts of us;
parts so deep we don't have words 
(or courage)
to explain.

One of His sheep,
lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment