Tuesday, December 4, 2018

NEVER LEAVES ME OR FORSAKES ME

"I want to assume that His promise to never leave me or forsake me means that He's operating like a supernatural shield
around me,
preventing horrific things from happening
to me and those I love."

Lysa Terkeurst
It's Not Supposed To Be This Way   p. 23
Nelson Books   2018



I have felt forsaken or forgotten at times.
How about you?
Yet, 
while reading Lysa's words, I remembered my reading in Luke this morning.
"A man going down from Jerusalem to Jericho . . .
attacked
stripped of his clothes 
beaten . . ." Luke 10:30

A priest crossed the road to avoid him.
Likewise, a Levite.

That's what forsaken looks like.

My God is like neither of those.
He doesn't pass to the other side of the road because I'm too much trouble.
He cares for me.
He provides others to care for me.

And, sometimes, He appoints me to help care for others.
Am I aware? Listening? Obeying?

Emmanuel: God With Us

Gratefully His,
lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment