Saturday, December 8, 2018

AN EXAMPLE'S BEEN SET. HELP ME FOLLOW.

"Rodney 'Gypsy' Smith . . . never received a formal education,
yet he lectured at Harvard.
. . . He was invited by two sitting  United States presidents
to the White House."


Mark Batterson jump-starts my heart when he writes about this mighty man of prayer. Gypsy Smith never preached without someone coming to Jesus.

BUT . . .

Mark quickly points out that it wasn't sermons that brought revival. 
"Preaching may move the hearts of men, but praying
moves the heart of God.

"And that's where revival comes from."

Mark Batterson
Draw The Circle  p. 8-9
Zondervan 2012


I don't read books 2 times, let alone 5! I haven't made it cover to cover each time, but this has been the most impactful book on prayer I've ever read. While Batterson does not agree with "name-it-claim-it" praying, he by no means steals my faith or my spirit of expectancy. He DOES give me bricks and tools to build a tower of perseverance and trust.

Not Waiting To Make A New Year's Resolution.
Starting Now,
lonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment