Friday, February 9, 2018

DO I SAY "NOTHING?" MAYBE . . .

"We can accept others as friends or family without approving of their life choices.

"I know for a fact that every Sunday I shake hands with men who have secretly been on websites they shouldn't be on, and yet I still accept them. I know there are women who greet me on Sunday morning just after gossiping about someone else.  (anger issues . . . drugs) You can have a relationship and still not approve of the choices this person makes. I have lots of friends who struggle with pride, and yet I haven't given up on them."

Caleb Kaltenbach
Messy Grace   p. 106
Waterbrook  2015

As For Me

"When he (the Holy Spirit) comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment . . ."  John 16:8  NIV

His Job--Not Mine.

Thank you!!

To be honest, I don't know what my part looks like. Not participating, for sure. But, do I never say anything about poor lifestyles or choices? Well, not without praying before (and after) doing so. And if God leads me to speak, it will certainly be from a place of love; and with an awareness of my own struggle with sins. For I'm more likely, then, to speak from a heart of compassion.

EverGrowing,
Lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment