Sunday, February 25, 2018

LANDMINES

"One problem with landmines is that long after a war ends and the combatants go home, the explosives remain hidden--armed and dangerous for years, maybe even decades. Worse yet, they are equal opportunity exploders--unable to distinguish friend from foe, enemies from innocents."

Nil Ripken
Insanity Of God   p.18



My husband, Ray, asked me if I really wanted a second doughnut. Dumb question, right? But, I was pregnant and was supposed to watch my weight.

Unbeknownst to Ray, my heart heard, "You're okay now, but . . ." 

Decades before, I had asked for a second helping of potatoes. Dad's warning finished with "but . . . if you eat too many potatoes . . ."

Well, I'd passed Dad's okay mark, by 10 or more pounds, long before I was pregnant.

When Ray asked if I really wanted a doughnut, he stepped on a landmine. I exploded into tears!

My memory, like a landmine, was buried but NOT inactive. It took very little to jostle it and set it off.

God, help us to bring these memories to You, as they surface--SO THAT we can deactivate them with truth.

I'M VALUABLE AND LOVEABLE AT ANY WEIGHT.

And God, 
When someone explodes all over us, help us to not react. Help us to silently pray for healing of wounds that we may know nothing about.
Amen

EverGrowing,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment