Wednesday, February 21, 2018

HE HAD IT ALL

Jackie Gleason went from poverty to the Hall of Fame. He went from having nothing to having everything, but . . .

"Before Gleason died, Mort Sahl of WRC radio asked him, 'Jackie, as a man who has seen and done it all, is there anything left that you still want to do?'

" 'I want to see the face of God . . . But I don't know how to get to heaven.' "

Robert Petterson
The Book Of Amazing Stories  p. 83-84
Tyndale Momentum    2017





In my heart of hearts, I believe God saw Jackie's longings and questionings; and gave him an opportunity to give his life to Jesus--to see the face of God.

I'd say it's never too late. After all the thief on the cross, beside Jesus, went to heaven. That's because he responded to the longing of his heart: "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (Luke 23:42)

 Yet, if we have similar longings, and do nothing about them--thinking we'll do it later, later may take us by surprise.

"Jesus answered him, 'Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." 
Luke 23:43


Jesus, 

I try to be good. I always hope my good will outweigh my bad, so that I can go to Heaven when I die. But, I can't be good enough. I need a Savior, one who has NEVER sinned, one who loved me so much that He died in my place. Jesus, I need You. 

Will you please forgive my sins, come into my heart and life, and help me to live a life that is full and pleasing to You.

Thank You.






No comments:

Post a Comment