Wednesday, February 7, 2018

TO BE CONTINUED . . .?!

I enjoy reading fiction, but I seldom afford myself time to do so. This week, I treated myself to a "thriller" by Terri Blackstock--a favorite author. Thriller, indeed! She had 3 crises going on at once. 

I plowed through those pages! Morning, break-time, bedtime. I couldn't wait to see Casey vindicated and the dirty cops caught. But . . . that didn't happen. "Hints" of resolution, yes. To be continued . . . Besides, Blackstock added a "possible"  romantic relationship at the end. THE END?! Can't be! What are the rest of these pages? Thoughts from the author . . .

On occasion, I catch a TV program I haven't seen for a long time. I "get into it," anxious to see how they tie those loose ends together. They don't. To be continued . . .

God, with His sense of humor, is showing me how consistent I am. Those crises? Those conflicts and awkward relationships? This hurt in my heart and the sin I can't conquer? They need resolved . . . Now.

Know what God says? "He who has begun a good work WILL complete it."

(Philippians 1:6)

Okay God. I WILL trust,
Lonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment