Friday, June 15, 2018

SUFFERING

"If we again ask the question: 'Why does God allow evil and suffering to continue?' and we look at the cross of Jesus, we still do not know what the answer is. However, we know what the answer isn't. It can't be that he doesn't love us."

Timothy Keller
The Reason From God  p. 31
Riverhead Books  2008

As For Me

I'm in a tough season.

The nurses tell me I'm healthy. That's really good news!

But the current gliche is getting to me -- and I haven't seen the bills yet.

Years ago, I'd have been like Job's wife who said, "Curse God and die."

But God has proven Himself faithful.

Through incredibly difficult times, I felt like I had no strength or resources. But I made it through. We made it through. (Trials are family affairs.) I always want strength to escape but God, in His love and wisdom, has a better plan. I come out stronger and more grateful.

Time to be still . . .
And to know that He is God.

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment