Monday, June 25, 2018

WHATCHA LOOKIN' FOR?

"We'll see what we spend the most time looking for."

Bob Goff
Everybody Always  p. 97


As For Me

We have to choose!

Walking a nature path where I'd spotted deer before, I complained to God that I hadn't seen even one.

Aaa . . . They don't climb trees.

And you thought God didn't have a sense of humor.

I was bird watching and hoping to see deer; but I can't see up and down at the same time. I'd unconsciously made a choice and was disappointed with the outcome.

We consciously, or unconsciously, make choices everyday.  If we find ourselves discouraged and unfulfilled, perhaps we've become intent on seeing the faults and flaws of something--or someone. If we redirect our focus, perhaps we will rediscover pleasure and wonder.

Today, I'm looking for breezes, sunshine, smiles, and grilled hamburgers . . . and getting them all.

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment