Thursday, August 16, 2018

BUT LOOK WHO'S TALKING!

"But many who are first will be last; and the last first."
Matthew 19:30  NAS



"They said it was a good thing to be last and that big awards came to those who waited. 

Maybe so, but, 

the problem was that it was usually the people at the front of the line who seemed to be doing the talking."



" . . . I suppose what Jesus was actually telling His disciples is that it would be costly to follow Him. He knew the world wouldn't play fair with us and He didn't want us to despair when it didn't."

Maria Goff
Love Lives Here   p. 41
Broadman & Holman  2017


As For Me

I get it! Tell me God will provide while you eat your steak and take your fancy vacations. Wow! Self-pity and covetousness had a hold on me. 

They, however, are losing their grip (though I'm sure to have a bout with them, having said that). 

I hope I'm getting closer to not worrying whether I'm first or last; but more celebrating that when I'm in Jesus' presence I'm priveleged to be there at all. Whatever the cost shall surely be worth it.

See You There,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment