Friday, August 31, 2018

NOT FOR ME

After a nasty fall in our parking lot, I took Ray to emergency. Five hours later he was released, bruised but not broken.  We were so grateful.

But those 5 hours!

A man, down the hall, screamed obscenities, at the top of his lungs for a solid hour. I prayed--mostly for staff.

Then, with only a curtain between us, I listened to a woman crying from pain. 

I prayed again.

 Little attention was given her (It "was" a busy night.), and the crying/pain continued. 

God, why am I always praying for pain that's not relieved?

God can handle my honesty.

BUT. . . I love buts . . . I had an aha! moment.

I'd wanted, so badly, to be in a medical profession after graduation (xray or lab tech). My parents, in short, didn't think I was academically suited--a C student.
I've resented that, but I'm finally okay with it. It was not for me. I could not have stood the pain!

God knew when I didn't.

Thank You God,

Your Daughter


"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
Ephesians 2: 10 NAS


No comments:

Post a Comment