Sunday, August 26, 2018

WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE

"The idea of 'what if' looms larger than life for many . . . there are two sides to the 'what if' coin . . .

"The first is the idea that something might happen in the future, and the second that we made a poor decision in the past and life could have resulted differently.

"It is so easy to fear we have ruined something beautiful.

"So easy for us to believe that we held the keys to what was supposed to be and now are destined to live among the ashes."

Angie Smith
What Women Fear   p. 22-24
Broadman & Holman  2011



As For Me

A book worth paying full price for (though I found a 30% coupon at the last minute); a book worth a sharp number 2 pencil or a full package of post-it tabs.

And . . . as I have "borrowed" more words than I should, I have to leave the answer in you reading the book yourself.

BUT . . . 
If you are anything like me, I find comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one on the planet that feels this way.

My biggest 'what ifs' center around my kids: Life could be so much better for them if I'd done this, said that or if I hadn't said this or done that. And then there's retirement . . . or is there? 

There is  also what many thought I should do when I (and my husband) were confident in a decision we'd made. Or . . . at least, I thought they thought I should do this or that. 

Confused yet? Fear does that.

One thing I know. God has always proved Himself faithful! As long as I remain teachable, He can use every decision and indecision for His glory. 

They used to give awards, in sports, for Most Improved Player.

That's the award I want when I get to Heaven,

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment