Tuesday, September 25, 2018

CULTURE

"Someone has said that there is no century more like the first century than the twenty-first century.

"Both are characterized by wholesale immorality and hostility toward Christianity.

YET

"Paul did not admonish the Christians in Philippi to straighten out their crooked culture. He did not call on them to instigate a rebellion against the Roman government.

Instead he reminded them that 
against the darkness of the world they were to be 'children of God . . . holding fast the word of life.'"


Robert Jeffress
Twilight's Last Gleaming  p.20
Worthy Publishing  2011/2016


God, 
When I think that I should change the world, remind me of this one simple truth:
I can't.


And that's okay, 'cause You've got this covered!

Help me be salt and light,
Lonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment