Friday, September 7, 2018

REDUCED TO ASHES, BUT . . .

"God didn't burn our Lodge down to show us His power. He didn't need to. He had already wowed us with our family and friends a long time ago. What I think God does is allow each of us to go through difficult times to show us His presence through it."



Maria Goff
Love Lives Here   p. 19
Broadman & Holman   2017



A huge and beautiful get-away reduced to ashes!

It wasn't just a personal loss. Goff's shared this sanctuary with many others who needed to get away----far away: Canada. Rebuilding takes time.

Honestly, my first thought would have been, "What did I do wrong? Did I love the lodge too much, and God not enough? That's possible, but that's not the thought-route they took. I'm grateful for the Goff's insights; there are many, around this loss, to glean from their experience.

Their motto after the fire inspires me too:

"WE'RE SAD, BUT WE'RE NOT STUCK."



Celebrating His Compassion And Faithfulness,

Lonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment