Monday, September 24, 2018

EARLY MORNING CRY

Sometimes I watch old TV while I put on my makeup. Well, this morning it wasn't working.

I caught the last 10 minutes of The Partridge Family. Keith was running for class president--so, a campaign episode no less. No wonder I was crying. 8-)

But seriously, what was I crying about?
The lesson. 

Not the lesson itself, but the fact that there was one! A lesson of etiquette, integrity, and good sportsmanship. Actually lessons for both child and parent:

A child shouldn't quit just because he isn't winning; and though a parent can offer some thoughts and guidance, the final decision must be left to the child. Right or wrong, he'll learn. Right?

Keith did the right thing. He did more than the right thing. It was so refreshing. It touched a tenderness in my heart.

My tears were grieving tears. Grieving that blood, guts, immorality, manipulation, and selfishness seem to have replaced values and character-building.

I know. I know. Fifties and sixties programs must seem pretty cheesy, but I, for one, am glad for reruns. 



I thought I was just watching TV . . .
What does TV teach us today?

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment