Sunday, October 28, 2018

DO I HAVE TO CHANGE (GIVE UP) TO FOLLOW JESUS?

Ahmad asked Rashid,
"Do I have to change my religion to follow Jesus?

I love Ahmad's answer, because it applies to ALL OF US.
And, it makes sharing our faith less about our personal doctrine.

Do I have to give up drinking? 
How about smoking?
Can I still live with my boyfriend?
Do I have to speak in tongues? 
Do I have to go to church every Sunday?
Do I have to tell others about Jesus?

Check it out. 
This is great!

"I can't say exactly what will be required of you, Ahmad.
It's probably best that you just start reading the Bible.
See what you learn, and see if your dreams line up with what the Bible says about Jesus.

The Bible explains the truth, not your dreams.
Many dreams are real, but some people have false ones.

The Bible tells the difference."

Tom Doyle with Greg Webster
Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening The Muslim World?
Thomas Nelson  2012


Many Muslims are meeting Jesus in dreams and visions but if a dream, or any teaching we might hear, doesn't line up with Scripture, it is not from God.

That being said, one verse, isolated from it's immediate context
or from the whole Bible, does not constitute truth.

Off To Church. 
Lonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment