Tuesday, October 16, 2018

TURNING POINT

"The prophet (Micah) reached a turning point 
when he looked away from
the sins of the people 
and meditated on the faithfulness
of the Lord."

Warren W. Wiersbe
Be Concerned  p. 119 Nook



We are all sinners, so I am not pointing fingers, but this is where I often find myself these days. I pray, usually directed toward my desired outcome. (talking politics, here). I read with a frenzy, I suppose, to assure myself and/or so I intelligently share my position; but then I reach the prophet's turning point. I remind myself of God's faithfulness.

Whichever direction the elections go, God Is in control. He has purposes which could result in immediate and obvious blessings or His purposes could lead to difficult times which are always (always) for our ultimate good.

I'm reminded of how I used to pray: 
God, change me but be gentle.

One day, God took me back to a time when our toddler-April fell into some rotted wood. She had slivers inbedded everywhere! 

You have to know that we and the doctors were as gentle as we could possibly be. 
April still cried. 
She was still scared. 
And it still hurt.

Sometimes the path to healing and blessing is through pain.

Trusting Him,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment