Monday, October 8, 2018

SINGING AGAIN?

Can this be possible?!

My devotion, this morning, began, 

"No one told me before my wife and I had children how important singing can be."

I often tell God I need reminders if He expects me to obey.

What do you think? Does He answer prayers?

Seemingly, the only way Adam Holtz could get his children to sleep was to sing.

"I spent hundreds of hours rocking them, desperately crooning lullabies . . .
But as I sang over my children . . .something amazing happened. It deepened my love and delight for them."

Perhaps, in God's encouragement for me to sing, that's what He is desiring for me, and for you. Perhaps, He is longing for a bond of love and delight between us. Wow! Me too. And in reverse--God sings over us.

"The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness, 
He will quiet you with His love, 
HE WILL REJOICE OVER YOU WITH SINGING." (emphasis mine)

Zephaniah 3:17  NKJV


I want to say, "God have You heard me sing?!"

I imagine His answer to be, 

"Not so much, but I'd like to."

Lonnie


(Our Daily Bread  10/8/18; Adam Holtz)

No comments:

Post a Comment