Friday, January 12, 2018

BORROWED FAITH

"When we share a testimony, we are loaning our faith to others. When we listen to testimony, we are borrowing faith from others. Either way, the church is edified and God is glorified."

Mark Batterson
Draw The Circle   p.177
Zondervan  2012


Recently, a friend was given  something I've dreamed of for decades. I wasn't encouraged, as Batterson might expect. I was jealous! Covetous!

GOD: "If I can do, for her, what seems impossible--could I not also do it for you?"

That (sorry) "line" has never worked on me before. But like that seedling that pushes its way through blacktop, I felt an inkling of faith emerge.

Mayyybe . . .

Borrowed Faith.
Thank you, Friend,

Lonnie

A few weeks later, another friend shared about her incredible trip to warm, exotic places. Knowing I could never afford such luxury, she looked puzzled when I said, with genuine enthusiasm, "I am SO happy for you. So glad you had a good time."

God is working.




No comments:

Post a Comment