Wednesday, January 31, 2018

HIGHLIGHTERS, POST-IT FLAGS AND MARGIN NOTES

Call me crazy, but I can't help it.

I am reviewing books I've already written notes in and underlined. As I review, I add flags: "Wow, that's helpful. I need to remember that."

Oh, and as I added flags, I wrote reminders in my journal------which I am now rereading and highlighting.

Hmmm . . . makes me think of a new bike path I took Ray to, years ago. 

"We've been here, before," he said.

"No, we haven't."

"Yes . . ."

"No . . ."

Finally I said, "Well, there's one advantage of a short memory. Every day is new."

And so it is with books (including the Bible). I love how writers paint wisdom from a pallette of words; words that are worth enjoying again and again.

Third Time Around,
Lonnie

PS: One would wonder, though, why I need shelves FULL of books. Shouldn't I be able to read the same 5 over and over?

No comments:

Post a Comment