Wednesday, January 3, 2018

CHATS WITH GOD

God: Lonnie, you are strong and getting stronger.

Me: Hmmm . . . For what God? For what do I need to be strong? 

God: Don't be afraid. I am here.



God: Lonnie, you are strong.

Me: No, I'm tired.


I don't set an alarm. I wake up, glance at the clock and whimper a little. But I love (!!) 4 am. Waking isn't easy--at least not until I reach the bottom of the stairs. There, Someone I love waits for me.


I nuke a cup of coffee, gather my Bible, devotion books, journal, and pens. I set Pandora on instrumental music and sometimes light a white pillar candle. This is "God and Me" time. 

I may stay up for 30 minutes or 2 hours; often reluctant to leave but allowing common sense and droopy eyes to have their way.

7:00 a.m. I'm not so fond of.

You're strong Lonnie. 
No, I'm tired . . . 

But------I wouldn't miss 4 a.m. for anything!

Love You Jesus,
Lonnie

Little Backstory: The combo of Lonnie and Lorna means, "strong and prepared for battle." When I tell God, "I need to be," He says, "You are."

No comments:

Post a Comment