Wednesday, January 10, 2018

REMINDERS--GOTTA LOVE 'EM

I get irritated when people remind me of things I already know. It feels like they're insulting my intelligence, or wasting my time. (just being honest)

Yet, Peter said, "I consider it right as long as I am in this earthly dwelling to stir you up by way of a reminder."  (2 Peter 1:14)

Does that sound like a parent, or what? "As long as I'm alive . . . "

Our children get irritated, especially when we remind them of things they don't want to remember. But, we hope that when situations arise, our repeated words will guide and protect them. That was certainly the heart of Peter, as well. He knew he was going to die. He wanted to leave believers solid in their faith.


I Heard:

"Don't get into cars with strangers."

"If a warning light comes on, pull the car to the side of the road ---immediately."

"Keep a dime in your pocket ( before cell phones). If you find yourself in a bad sitation, call me."

Those reminders saved my life and certainly reduced car expenses (and further reminders).


 Thank you Mom and Dad.
Lonnie


Reminders might be easier heard if some of them are,

 "I love you."

"You're smart (strong, talented); I know you can do this."

"If you wash the car, Dad is more likely to say, "Yes, you can use it."




No comments:

Post a Comment