Wednesday, January 31, 2018

CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU

"Do not concern yourselves with your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours."

Genesis 45: 20 New American Standard Bible

Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery and, yet, they are being promised the best in the land of Egypt. What's that about?

Forgiveness. Reconciliation. Seeing God's Hand in the midst of rejection, trials, and injustice. Wow! God, please give me the eyes and heart of Joseph.

The story of Joseph reminds me of heaven. In spite of all my sins I, like his brothers,  receive the best God has.

The best . . . that GOD has!

I hear the same words Joseph's family heard: "Do not concern yourself with your goods . . ."

 I don't hear, "You know . . . you can't take it with you."

What I do hear is, "Why would you want to?"

Getting A Little Excited,
Lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment