Wednesday, January 16, 2019

FIRST HAND FROM A VETERAN

My Text to Larry,
 Ray's brother:

"Just started a book--amazing so far.

"For Love of  Country: What Our Veterans Can Teach Us About 
Citizenship, Heroism, and Sacrifice."

What do you think veterans/you can teach us?
Or more, 
What do you think we need to know or learn?"


"That's deep. As a veteran, I would go back even with one leg
to defend this country.

Most of the veterans I know feel the same way.

Does this country have issues, sure, 
but still better than others.

Some of the complainers should go elsewhere 
and feel their freedom taken away.

They can't complain about who is in charge and 
no freedom to worship the way you want.

Big thing is that we didn't join to kill people
but to defend our way of life.

Most people will never understand 
Honor
Or Duty
And the Sacrifice
made for them.

Sorry I will get off my high horse. 
I don't look down on those that didn't serve;
don't look down on me because I did.

Sorry, I learned a lot about myself
and the love of others."

Larry West
Feb. 16, 2019

I began reading military books when my dad was alive--gave us something to talk about; I learned so much.
I agree. I don't think we have a CLUE what our servicemen and women go through. Thus, we don't appreciate them or the freedom we enjoy.

Grateful and Humbled,
lonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment