Saturday, January 12, 2019

40,000 GRAVES

"In the Iran-Iraq war, on the Thursday before the battle began, the Iraqi soldiers dug 40,000 graves in the lonely desert sands. They did not dig these graves for the enemies they hoped to slaughter, but for themselves. These holes signified their committment to die for their cause."



Calvin Miller
Once Upon A Tree   p. 165
Howard Publishing  2002

That's committment!


I became pretty discouraged a while back. 
"I give up on everything!
I'm so afraid of failure, or sacrifice . . ."

"Not true," God said. 
"Huh?"
"You are still married."

"I am."

"You are still walking with Me."

"I am.
 I can't imagine life without You."

I know there are things or people you haven't given up on.
God sees.

Loved in whatever stage I find myself in;
Thank you, God,

lonnie

Why the lower case "l" for lonnie?
It serves as a reminder to me. Each time I type it, I repeat John's words: "He must increase; I must decrease." 

"He must become greater; I must become less."  NIV
John 3:30



No comments:

Post a Comment