Monday, January 14, 2019

NOT A BLIND LOYALIST

" . . . if we are going to voice our approval when Trump does well, we should likewise voice our disapproval when he does poorly.

"Otherwise, we appear to be flunkies for the president, more committed to opposing the liberal media than for standing for
what is right, more interested in political favor than in
the smile of God."

Dr. Michael Brown


I've read several political books in the last few years. 
Donald Trump Is Not My Savior 
hits the mark for me. It allows me to appreciate what I feel Trump has done well, while still allowing me to be disgusted with some of his actions and his past.


"One evangelical leader who strongly supports Trump called him 
'God's chaos candidate' and likened him to a divine wrecking ball. Must we defend everything the wrecking ball says and does?
Will not there be some collateral damage that we regret?
Why must we whitewash the Whitehouse to show loyalty or support?
P.271

Trump was my LAST choice. I couldn't believe it came down to him or Hillary!
I, along with many others, could not vote for Hillary.

Dr. Brown tells it like it is--the good, bad AND ugly. Brown was, no way, going to vote for Donald Trump.  
His book shows us the progress of his thoughts and feelings. Short chapters from August 2015 to August 2018.

Wow! He voiced many of my own feelings as
he warns against blind loyalty. 
I think, now, he would agree that President Trump is God's idea. 

If you've read any of my political thoughts, you know that I believe God raises up leaders--for our blessing or our discipline/judgement.

Maybe sometimes both.

Want to know why I voted for Trump but hesitated greatly? 
Check out, DONALD TRUMP IS NOT MY SAVIOR.

At peace with my vote and with those 
who disagree,

lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment