Thursday, January 10, 2019

FRICTION IN MARRIAGE

A concerned wife talked to a counselor about friction in her marriage; she didn't understand what the problem was.

"Friction is caused by one of two things," said the counselor, and to illustrate he picked up two blocks of wood . . .

"If one block is moving and one is standing still,
there's friction.

"Or if both are moving but in opposite directions,
there's friction.
Now which is it?"

Hmmmmm . . .

" . . . I've been going backward in my Christian life, and Joe has been growing. What I need is to get back in fellowship with the Lord."

Warren W. Wiersbe
Be Joyful   p. 31-32
David C. Cook  1974

For me, the picture might look like this:
Ray walks in faith.
I walk in fear.
Can you feel the friction?

EverGrowing,
lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment