Tuesday, January 15, 2019

PAIN. WHATEVER THE BRAND. IT'S A BOOGER!

Thinking of friends this morning and so grieved with what they are going through-- for the umpteenth year! 

Multiple maladies (and those serious) and multiple physical limitations. Pain!! It's always been there. Now ACCELERATED! (emphasis intentional)

He's continued to work, a champion of dreaming up computer solutions for the blind. He hasn't given up, but . . . now the pain that has given him very abbreviated sleep, most nights, is giving him none.

I wanted to write a note this morning. I wanted to say (to he And his wife) "I don't know how you do it." 

Oh, I can't say that. How discouraging!


BUT . . .
Then I remembered . . .

someone saying that to me in the midst of financial and scary health circumstances that would alter our future. Many kind gestures were made: promises of prayer, Bible verses we could "name and claim," hugs, promises of healing, provision, and God's good plan.

But one day, someone said,
"I don't know how you do it."
I got to the car and burst into tears!

Someone understands.
This is hard!
This is long term.

I don't recommend saying that to anyone and everyone. I wouldn't even say it to me too often. I'm prone to painting myself a victim. 
But there are times 
when it might be what it takes 
to allow a person to grieve, and then to find the ability to go on
 in God's strength, 
Because Someone Understands,

lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment