Thursday, December 14, 2017

KINDNESS ABOVE AND BEYOND

A faith-based medical clinic operated in a large Islamic country. Many locals appreciated good medical care, and didn't concern themselves with the staff's religion.

Many, but not Mahmoud. He did everything mean to turn Muslims against people operating the medical facility. He cursed them, accused them of poisoning Muslims and charging them higher fees.

 Then . . . he got cancer.

 Regular shoppers quit coming, fearful of catching the incurable disease. So, besides being sick, Mahmoud couldn't provide for his family.

Christians, from the clinic, began shopping at Mahmoud's store. They chatted and expressed concern, and always told him they were praying for him.

Could you show such kindness? I have to be honest. I would struggle. Or I might  try for "a while" hoping he would believe in and accept Jesus. And if he didn't . . . what? Would I give up on my "project?"  (Ish!!) Or keep loving?

"Over time . . ." Nik Ripken writes.

"Finally . . ." he adds.

Mahmoud's attitude changed to gratitude and friendship.

Mahmoud, before he died, accepted Christ. 

I believe if he hadn't committed his life to Jesus, these Christians would have loved him to the very end.

Would You?

Would I?

Lonnie

The Insanity Of God  p.293-294
Nik Ripken
Broadman &Holman  2013




No comments:

Post a Comment