Tuesday, December 26, 2017

PRECIOUS PIECE OF HISTORY

"On September 7, 1774, the Continental Congress held its first official meeting at Carpenter's Hall in Philadelphia. Their first official act was prayer. And it wasn't some perfunctory prayer that was nothing more than protocol . . . Our founding fathers prayed with fervency and intensity. Earwitnesses heard them interceding several blocks away."

Mark Batterson
Draw The Circle   p.91
Zondervan 2012


As For Me

Sometimes I quit praying for our country because I don't see changes. (good changes) Sometimes, I'm just lazy, or bored. Often times, I tell God, "I just don't get it! I don't get whose responsibility is whose--how the branches of government connect--how proposed solutions touch the problem. Grrr. Why have You called me to pray?!"

Then I read something like this precious piece of history and get excited.

So I determine, once again, to spend my first few minutes in the car each day, praying. Radio off--praying--as best I can for the leaders of our country.

God, help me be faithful,
Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment