Wednesday, December 20, 2017

TESTING . . .TESTING . . .

Serious?

I'm rereading "Draw The Circle" by Mark Batterson. This morning's thoughts centered around someone who prayed for the Ebenezer Coffeehouse to become a Dream Factory. 

A regular customer shared that he, indeed, had a dream birthed there. Great coffee and free wi-fi made it a great office for him.


Grrrr. Ray and I often complain about sales-folk who abuse coffee shops. 

But the dream this man birthed saves millions from starving!

I was convicted concerning a man who, daily, picks the best table by a fake but warm fireplace. He's there when I come and there when I leave. He talks on the phone or to a friend--volume 8 on a 1-10 scale. I put earbuds in to help (and to make a point).   8-/

I should pray. Who knows what kind of dream he might be nurturing? Or if he knows the Lord.

He's here! I heard a voice projecting over my shoulder and across the coffee shop. This isn't my normal time of day! It can't be him. But sure enough . . .

Testing . . . testing . . .

God, I need your help with this one. Can I start small? Like, "help him have a nice Christmas."?

Or while I'm praying for him, could you prompt someone to pray for me?

And oh, God, thank you for the fireplace seat.

Lonnie 


No comments:

Post a Comment