Tuesday, May 29, 2018

OBNOXIOUS NOISES

" . . . but if you don't have love, you're obnoxious. This is the noisy gong, the clanging symbol of 1 Corinthians 13. If you hold correct doctrinal positions but are irritating to be around, you have missed the point."

John Eldredge
The Utter Relief Of Holiness  p. 21
Faith Words  2013

As For Me

Crinkling a candy wrapper while you eat it . . .
               Spoon clanking bowl while someone tries to get every last drop . . .
                           10+ keys jangling while you walk through a store or library . . .
                                           Snapping gum . . .
                                                       "Do you know how wonderful I am?" conversations.

Yep. I've got a problem. Those everyday noises, barely noticeable to anyone else, drive me to Crabby Corner.

The point is, though, how they irritate me Is Not How I Want My Faith To Irritate Others.

Pandora and Earplugs Are Sanity Savers,

Lonnie

What noises "send you?" Can you use them as a reminder to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment