Monday, May 7, 2018

HUMBLEBRAG

Humblebrag . . .   who knew there was a name for false modesty? (Dare I say attempted false modesty? Most of us catch the point and suddenly remember we have ice cream melting in the trunk.")


"I'm so tired of shining my son's track trophies . . . "

"My new diamond keeps catching on my cashmere sweater . . ."

"Of all places for the heel to break off my shoe, why in front of the Eiffel Tower?"


Mom had a different response to sideways bragging. 

When a fellow weight-watcher said, "My slacks are so baggy," Mom responded,


"Bragging or Complaining?"

 I recently read that crying might get you some attention, but not many friends.

I'm inclined to think the same of inflated ego. The attention is short-lived.

And . . . if "I"ever say my slacks are baggy, I AM bragging. Please indulge me.

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment