Tuesday, May 15, 2018

GETTING THERE

"God values the process as much as the outcome.


" . . . In our bottom-lined oriented society, it's vitally important to remember: How we get to the end is every bit as important as that we get there, because how we get there--the choices we make and the way we live between now and then--will determine who we are when we arrive."

Kenneth Boa & John Alan Turner
The 52 Greatest Stories of the Bible  p. 42
Baker Books 2008

As For Me

I don't know how I can be both goal oriented and a procrastinator; but I suppose there are odder ducks in the pond. At any rate, the end/completion is my focus--and via the shortest route, thank you.

But who I become . . . do I become irritable, proud, more patient, a pursuer of excellence, more compassionate? Do I become self-determined or God-reliant?

Rambling and Pondering,
(Join me--Does "the way" change when you consider who you are becoming?)

Lonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment