Friday, May 25, 2018

OLD DOGS

"You can teach an old dog new tricks

With

The right kind of treats."

Cynthia L. Copeland


really important stuff my kids have taught me
Workman Publishing 2015


Needing comic-relief today. I like this . . . and wonder what kind of treat I need. The last two weeks have been off the chart for this old dog. Red Licorice wouldn't touch it. Coffee, my drug of choice, made me crabby. I found myself dipping into my boss's nun cookie jar for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I don't like peanut butter cups!

Was that the trick I was supposed to learn?

Hmmm. Know what I AM learning? 

A new trick isn't mastered in a day.

Keeping my mouth shut, my schedule and expectations reasonable, and my fears down may take more than a few tries. But, God's Word assures me that . . .

       1. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me  (Philippians)
                               And yet . . .

       2. APART FROM HIM I can do nothing. (John 15)

I have found myself saying over and over, "Jesus I need you. Jesus I need you."

                                                          (I know. I'm here.)

Feeling Loved,
Lonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment