Friday, May 4, 2018

GOD USES FAILURES

"The great paradox (of my life) is that every time I walk into a prison and see the faces of men or women who have been transformed by the power of the living God, I realize that the thing God has chosen to use in my life . . . is none of my successes . . ."

Chuck Colson
preachingtoday.com/ illustrations/2012/may
As quoted in the end of me  p.169


As For Me

 God didn't use Colson's success and power in government. He used his stint in prison!  Think about it . . . think a little longer. God can use YOU.

I am 3/4 through the end of me by Kyle Idelman and I'm finally getting it! Idleman's quote from Chuck Colson prompted me to put the book down and pick up my pen. I wrote about those things I consider a curse, a failure, or a shortcoming. How has God used them? What might He use still?

Here's my list without details. Maybe some are on your list. What you think DISqualifies you for being of worth to the world, or to God, might just make you the more valuable.

Depression 
Introversion
Finances (lack there-of)
Feeling Invisible/Unworthy
Ray's Injury
Wanting So Much More for children and grandchildren without the wisdom or 
             finances to help.
Loved ones away from the Lord
Hurts that sent me to counseling
Bitterness about not being able to retire. (My perception)
to be continued . . .

This is so much more transparent than I like to be. BUT . . . I see how God has used (or is using) every single one of these situations and shortcomings--and how, through them, He has given me joy, contentment, fuller and more genuine love, and hope.  These days, God is teaching me to risk in most of those areas--and in this blog post.(eeeeeeoooooh!)

Wide Open! For His glory and hopefully for your encouragement,
Lonnie

I strongly recommend the end of me by Kyle Idleman. He consistently reminds us, via famous Bible personalities, how God uses the unlikely, the unqualified, and the big sinners.


No comments:

Post a Comment